Marriage And Divorce
Paula Lock Smyth Law Offices, a Dallas, Texas, family law firm, offers comprehensive divorce representation, guiding clients through legal proceedings to dissolve a marriage and terminate the legal duties between spouses. The firm advocates on behalf of clients in cases involving a wide range of divorce-related issues, including:
- Property division: Identifying and valuing assets to equitably divide marital property between spouses through agreement or court order
- Alimony/spousal support: Awards of financial support paid by one spouse to another after their marriage has been terminated
- Restraining orders and protective orders: Court orders put in place to protect a spouse's physical safety or to maintain the status quo during divorce proceedings
- Premarital and postmarital agreements: Contracts drafted before or after the date of marriage to protect one or both spouses' interests in the event of a divorce
With more than 25 years of experience, attorney Paula Lock Smyth has the background and skill to represent clients in complex divorce cases involving military divorce and high net worth divorce. She also offers alternative dispute resolution services, including mediation and collaborative law, and provides personalized advice on alternatives to divorce and estate planning issues after divorce.
For never-married parents or parents going through a contested or uncontested divorce, decisions involving the care and well-being of their children are often the most stressful and the most difficult. Paula Lock Smyth works closely with clients, fighting for their right to parent and the best interests of their children. She regularly represents clients on all legal issues related to custody, visitation and child support, including:
- Parenting plans
- Relocation issues
- Same-sex custody issues
- Child custody modification
- Fathers' rights
- Grandparents' rights
- Domestic partnerships
Paula Lock Smyth also guides clients through the adoption process, assisting them in expanding their family or gaining legal recognition for parent-child relationships that have already been established through stepparent adoption.
Contact A Child Custody Lawyer Serving Dallas And The Surrounding Areas
To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Dallas divorce and family law attorney, contact Paula Lock Smyth Law Offices at 214-646-1485.